The Old House (B-32) dates back to the foundation of Sisimiut on the island of Ukiivik (Sydbay) in 1756. In 1764 the building was moved to its current position along with the rest of the colony. The Old House is today the oldest building in Sisimiut. The house, originally a Norwegian log construction, arrived in Greenland from Bergen, Norway. Stone walls and an extension towards the northwest have been added since.
In the mid-18th century this was the house of merchant and colonial manager Niels Egede (son of missionary Hans Egede). The house has also served as a police station, a bakery and a post office among other things, before the establishment of Sisimiut Museum in the 1980s, when the building underwent an extensive interior restoration. Today it houses parts of the museum’s permanent exhibition.