The Missionary’s House or rectory (B-113) was built 1759 as home to the missionary for the region. Originally the house was erected at Asummiut, below Palasip Qaqqaa (Priest Fell), east of Sisimiut Airport, but it was moved to its current position in 1767. The building is a log house later clad in wooden boards.
In the mid-18th century this was the home of missionary H.C. Glahn. The building has later served as a nursery and a tourist office. Today it houses the museum’s administration and library.